Coronavirus: Suspended performances at Hastings White Rock Theatre
Updated: 25 March 2020, 1.40pm
As a result of recent Government guidance discouraging mass gatherings – events and performances at Hastings White Rock that were scheduled to take place before Sunday 26 April 2020 have been suspended. Some shows beyond this date may also be subject to suspension or rescheduling.
The White Rock Theatre building and box office are temporarily closed.
Advice for Ticket Holders
We are working to reschedule as many of the affected performances as we can. Inevitably this will not be possible for all events - and some shows will not be rescheduled.
Performances where a decision has been made are listed below. We will be updating this list regularly – so please check back if an event for which you hold tickets is not yet included.
These procedures apply for all bookings made direct with the venue. If you booked through a third party agency (Ticketmaster, See Tickets) please contact them directly.
- Menopause The Musical 2 (17 March) rescheduled to 25th April 2021
- Sensational 60s Experience (19 March) rescheduled to 8th April 2021
- Round The Horne rescheduled (30 March) to 3rd September 2020
- Jonathan Pie: Fake News 2020 (1 April) rescheduled to 4th November 2020
- Herman's Hermits rescheduled (3 April) to 18th April 2021
- Showstopper! The Improvised Musical (4 April) rescheduled to 10th September 2020
- Hastings Beatles Day rescheduled to 11th April 2021
- The Elvis Years (9 April) rescheduled to 30th January 2021
- From The Jam (11 April) rescheduled to 22nd August 2020
- Dom Joly (12 April) rescheduled to 21st September 2020
- The Mikado (24 & 25 April) rescheduled to 16th & 17th April 2021
- Francis Rossi: I Talk Too Much (3 May) rescheduled to 29th March 2021
- Legends of Country (7 May) rescheduled to 6th May 2021
- King of Pop (8 May) rescheduled to 2nd September 2020.
- The Levellers (13 May) rescheduled to 6th September 2020
- The South (14 May) rescheduled to 15th November 2020
- Tropicana Nights (15 May) rescheduled to 17th October 2020
- An Evening with Merrill Osmond (28 May) rescheduled to 8th July 2020
- From Gold to Rio (30 May) rescheduled to 8th May 2021
- Brothers In Song (4 June) rescheduled to 11th February 2021
- Some Guys Have All the Luck (31 May) rescheduled to 13th January 2021
- The Sound of Springsteen (5 June) rescheduled to 26th July 2020
- Bye Bye Baby (6 June) rescheduled to 17th September 2020
Events that will not be rescheduled
- Viva La Coldplay – Date 20th March 2020
- Waiting For Godot - Date 24th & 25th March 2020
- Masters of the House – Date 28th March 2020
- T'Pau – Date 8th April 2020
- The Mousetrap - Dates 27th April - 2 May 2020
- Thank You for the Music - Date 9th May 2020
- Vienna Festival Ballet: The Sleeping Beauty - Date 26th May 2020
- Now That's What I Call Country - Date 27th May 2020
- Forbidden Nights - Date 29th May 2020
Shows (including past events) not listed above remain under discussion. What should I do?
This list will be updated regularly. Please check back on this page for updated news on shows.
I want to help support Hastings White Rock Theatre – how can I do that?
We’re facing real and very serious challenges. A number of customers have asked how they can help.
The best way to do this is by waiving your right to reimbursement. If you wish to do this you should complete the request form and choose the ‘donate my voucher’ option. No voucher will be issued to you and the money you have already paid will be donated to Hastings White Rock to help us through these challenging times.
The new dates for performances that have been rescheduled so far are listed above.
- If you are able to attend on the new date your original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to take any action.
- If you cannot attend on the new date – you should complete the request form as soon as possible and your booking will be reimbursed through a voucher system.
Your booking will be reimbursed through a voucher system. You need to complete the request form as soon as possible to claim your voucher. Our Box Office team will arrange for the voucher to be issued and it will be sent to you by email.
Vouchers will be for the full value of your booking (including any fees). They can be redeemed against a future show (online, by telephone and at the Box Office counter once the counter is reopened).
We are updating the list regularly as the status of shows is confirmed. Please check back. We will also aim to provide updates by email and through our social media channels.
I have a different enquiry – what should I do?
Please channel all other enquiries through the request form. This will help us to respond as soon as possible. Our team will review all forms received and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
You will appreciate the unprecedented nature of the current situation; and the volume of customer enquiries we are receiving at this time.
While our box office is temporarily closed to phone calls and visitors, we are only responding to queries submitted by the request form. These will be processed in the order they are received.
We are working hard to resolve things as quickly as we can.