The White Rock Theatre aims to be a welcoming and accessible venue for any and all visitors. We will always endeavour to support all our patrons to access and enjoy our events.
If you require any further details on any of the information which follows please call the Ticket Office on 0343 310 0031 or view our access policy.
Requesting Access Tickets
Or call our box office: 0343 310 0031
- Our staff are fully trained and will provide you with all the information you require when booking tickets, prior to your visit.
- A minimum of 6 wheelchair spaces are available for each performance in the Main Auditorium via the phone or in person.
- When bought alongside a full-price ticket we can offer a complimentary ticket for companions who are essential to your visit. These are available over the phone and in person. ID verification may be required. This can either be: A letter of Disability Living Allowance, a letter of carer’s allowance or a certificate of visual impairment
- Infra-Red Hearing Support System is available in the Main Auditorium ONLY. Infra-red neck receivers are available and can be requested at the ticket office or by asking a member of the Front of House team. Please note there are limited receivers available and they can only be used if microphones are used during the performance. Ticket Office will be able to advise you on the best available seats to ensure the best use of the system
- A visual story is available to prepare you for you visit.
- Familiarisation tours of the venue can be organised prior to your visit should this be required. If you would like to visit the space when performances are not taking place to look at the wheelchair places available in the auditorium we can make arrangements with the duty manager to allow this. Please contact Ticketing on 01424 462286 in the first instance.
- Disabled parking bays are situated on the seafront outside the venue.
- On street parking is available nearby, as well as an underground car park on the seafront.
- Please note that, due to health and safety reasons, our staff are unable to assist disabled patrons in and out of their transport or mobility equipment.
Inside the Theatre
- Wheelchair access to the venue is available via a ramp to the right of the venue.
- Lift access is available to all levels front of house.
- Access performances including Relaxed Performances, will be advertised in the main programme and information regarding these can be obtained via the Ticket Office.
- Staff are available to guide/assist with getting around the venue. Just ask any member of staff if you require assistance.
- The wheelchair accessible lavatory is located on level 2 – please see signage or ask a member of staff for help.
- There are no fixed number of wheelchair spaces in the Sussex Studio because of the configuration of the space – please enquire when booking your show. Wheelchair access to the Sussex Hall is via the main entrance then via lift from the Main Foyer.
Other ways we can help
We hope to cater for all kinds of additional needs so if you have any further worries or questions about your visit please don't hesitate to get in touch, you can call the Ticket Office on 01424 462288 for more information.
- Guide and Hearing Dogs are welcome in all our spaces. If you would like to take your dog into the Main Hall or Sussex Studio please let us know at the time of booking and a complimentary adjacent seat will be reserved for your animal.
- Staff are available to assist or guide you through the venue. Just ask any member of staff if you require assistance
- Brochures are available in Large Print upon request.
- A dedicated area can be allocated for patrons to take a break if needed, please speak to Duty Manager on duty.
- We can get you into the auditorium first to avoid the shock of the large crowd, please discuss when booking.
- We can notify you of any special effects eg: lighting, smoke or loud noises.